Best Halloween Movies Of All Time

| |
Here is a list of my favorite horror movies of all time.
This list is not judging the best or scariest horror movies of all time. These are what I would call the best horror movies to watch around the Halloween season. So don't expect to see some of my favorite horror movies like Saw and The Blair Witch Project as, in my opinion, they don't really capture the atmosphere of Halloween. Anyway, feel free to argue, in fact, I welcome it.
5. The Evil Dead 2
Easily the goriest movie on the list and perhaps the most fun. Probably the only movie that scares me the exact amount it makes me laugh and at the same time is just flat out amazing. Of course they are coming out with a remake which I don't blame them for, mainly because I feel fans are going to complain so much that I do not need to. And who knows, with Raimi producing it might surprise us all.
4. The Shining
You know a movie is damn scary when you are creeped out watching a car drive down a mountain road. Despite all of his accomplishments I really think Jack was meant to do more horror movies, he may be the most naturally terrifying man I have ever seen in film. I have never looked at long hallways the same.
3. Friday the 13th
What a great movie for the Halloween season. This really took the slasher movie to 'fun' heights with over the top kills and really stupid teenagers and along the way has some genius scares. Add the scariest movie music ever and the greatest scare moment and you have a classic on your hands.
2. Scream
The youngest movie of the list by a long way. Movies today are just to focused on the gore and have lost that classic scary movie feel that may never come back. Scream had the balls to make fun of the horror genre while still managing to make one of the best the genre as ever seen. Scream can also be credited with making horror movies popular again which they still are to this day. Sure numbers 3 and 4 was not needed but Scream 2 was actually very good and just missed this list. I am still waiting for a horror movie to do what Scream did back in 1996, but I will probably be waiting for a while.
1. Halloween
The movies name is Halloween, so how can it not be the top of the list. It is also the best horror movie of all time, so how can it not be the top of the list. It is pretty much responsible for influencing every slasher movie since the 70's so how can it not be on top of the list. You can probably tell I feel strongly about this movie being #1 and I think the reasons I listed above give it a strong case. I know people will be saying that Psycho started it all, which is true, but you will still see aspects of Halloween in slashers made today which is something you can not say about Psycho. I watch it every October and the halloween season would not be the same without it.